The FF109-350 1 Hour fire rated light cover is a dome-shaped intumescent cover which has been designed to help maintain the integrity of fire rated ceilings when penetrated by recessed fixtures.
The unique design gives the architect, specifier and installer more freedom in fixture selection as the covers are suited to a wide range of recessed fixtures.
The flexible and lightweight nature of the fire rated light cover makes installation quick and easy, reduces the stress put on the ceiling and significantly reduces labor costs compared to standard dry-walled box constructions.
The high expansion and insulating properties of the cover ensures that both, flame spread and heat transmission, are stopped for 60 minutes.
Inside Height 11″ Diameter 15″
- Easy Installation – can be fitted in seconds – no screws, drilling or additional sealant required.
- Fits most popular fixtures.
- Significant Labor savings.
- Lightweight (approx. 2.5 lbs).
- Flexible material enables the cover to be fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted.
- Two vent holes in the cover reduce the risk of over-heating of the light in normal use.
- In a fire, the intumescent material expands 5 times of its original thickness, closing the vent holes and preventing flame spread.
- Easy to remove and re-install for fixture maintenance.
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling.
- Reduces heat loss through the fixture.
- Maintenance free.
- 60-minute protection.