TENMAT is excited to introduce the FF109 Fire Rated LED Downlight Covers, the only flexible 1 hour fire barrier for low profile recessed light fixtures on the market. The TENMAT FF109 Fire Rated LED Downlight Covers are cone-shaped intumescent enclosures which have been specifically designed to help maintain the integrity of openings of up to 6” diameter in fire rated ceilings when penetrated by modern low profile LED downlight fixtures.
The ultra-flexible nature of the material allows the cover to get rolled up for easy retrofit, remodel or new construction installation from below the ceiling to protect modern low profile LED light fixture and provide a 60 minute flame, smoke and heat barrier.
The FF109 Low-Profile LED Recessed Light Covers are suitable for most low profile LED lights, ultra-thin wafer LED recessed lights, LED recessed retrofit downlights, LED recessed ceiling light and recessed spotlight remodel kits installed in fire-resistance rated floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assemblies (attic spaces).
The unique design gives the architect, specifier and installer more freedom in fixture selection as the covers are suited to a wide range of LED models and types.
Benefits of TENMAT’s Fire Rated LED Downlight Protection Covers include:
• 1 Hour Fire Tested
• Only fire tested solution for retrofit applications
• Easy Installation – can be fitted in seconds – no screws, drilling or additional sealant required
• Ultra flexible (Ideal for remodel and retrofit applications)
• Fits most 4” and 6” low profile LED downlight fixtures
• Significant Labor savings
• Flexible material enables the cover to be fitted around obstructions or retro-fitted
• Vent hole on top of the cover reduces the risk of over-heating of the light in normal use
• In a fire, the intumescent material expands 5 times of its original thickness, closing the vent hole and preventing flame spread
• Easy to remove and re-install for light fixture maintenance
• Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling
• Maintenance free
• 60-minute fire protection
The cones come ready-to-use and can be fitted with little or no skills and without special tools. Once in place the covers do not require any additional maintenance and are unaffected by moisture.
TENMAT Recessed Light Covers are used in thousands of applications throughout the entire United States and Canada; from small apartments, over single-family homes to multifamily dwellings, college dormitories, hospitals, assisted-living facilities, hotels and office buildings.
For more information about TENMAT’s new 1 Hour Fire Rated LED Downlight Covers, please visit https://www.tenmatusa.com/fire-rated-light-enclosures/ff109-250-1-hour-fire-rated-led-downlight-cover/